A Vision for RE
Flamstead End Primary and Nursery school is a multi-faith school and we offer a rich and varied curriculum to reflect this. Our aim is for our children to leave Year 6 with a good knowledge and understanding of the six main world religions and beliefs of others. We want our children to be tolerant of others and to learn to respect and ask questions about different religions, traditions and cultures around the world. Across the school year, we aim to make R.E relevant by studying and celebrating real events, from holding a whole school RE days, learning about Saints days in assemblies or exploring real artefacts from a focussed religion during lessons. In order to immerse children in the understanding of the subject, our children will exhibit their learning and understanding of Religious Education in many ways, from dance, creativity, writing and role-play.
Across our school Religious Education, lessons will give children opportunities to …
- Enquire and ask questions to impact their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Build on their identity and belonging within their community and in a diverse society.
- Experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Promote respectful attitudes.
- Open their minds and widen their horizons.
- Handle a range of artefacts related to the religion that they are studying.
- Have visitors share their knowledge and visit, where possible, a religious place of worship.
Click here for RE Progression Map