Design & Technology
A Vision for Design Technology
Design Technology is enjoyable when children can be taught through a variety of creative and practical activities the skills needed to engage in an investigative process of designing and making. Where possible these experiences should be adaptable and practical, with a wider range of evaluative techniques used throughout a topic.
Design Technology is good when:
- Children develop individual ideas.
- Children use investigative skills to solve practical problems.
- Children research and emulate successful projects.
- Children develop a wide range of making, joining, fixing techniques.
- Children develop their own problem solving strategies.
- Children evaluate and learn from practical experiences.
Click here for Design Technology Progression Map